Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hummus Anyone?!

I'm trying to perfect my hummus recipe! I can never get mine as smooth as others. No matter how much olive oil I add! So, here is the latest.

Remember, I'm not one for measuring! 

1  can chickpeas, rinsed 
2 tablespoons of Tahini (ground sesame seed, paste) 
2 or more tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 -1 teaspoon of parsley
1/2 -1 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 -1 teaspoon of paprika (my favorite spice)
1/2 -1 teaspoon of red pepper
1/2 of a lemon/juice
salt and pepper to taste


Put all ingredients in food processor and let it run it's course until smooth. You can add any spices you'd like.
Serve with veggies, pita, crackers, whatever you want! 

The picture on the bottom is blurry, I assume because it's so freaking hot here in the south and my camera lens was cool. I need a better camera. 




 

No comments: