Friday, August 27, 2010

The BEST Smoothie Ever!!!!

HOLA! Are you ready for the weekend? I am! Even though I don't have a job, I still look forward to it! 

Mi Madre and I are going to our counties Farmer's Market tomorrow! I hope they have some good stuff! 

You know how I love my smoothies! Well, I think I have created the best one yet! I love peanut butter and chocolate together, so I decided to make one that was healthy. Of course! First, you start with frozen banana's. They have become my new best friend! You can make them into ice cream or add them to your smoothies! Cleo, my cat, even eat's banana's. If I am eating one, she hunts me down until I share with her. She likes a lot of my food. Annahbelle, not so much! She'll eat a few things, mostly carbs. I had to post Annahbelle's picture too, it's only fair. Even though she has no contribution to this post!
 On to the smoothie recipe...

Best Smoothie EVER! 

1/2-1 Frozen banana
1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Hemp milk (you can use whatever)
1 Tbsp Cocoa
1 Tbsp Peanut butter
1 Tbsp Flax seed
1 Tbsp Wheat Germ
A little Truvia. Anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 a packet.
And one handful of baby spinach 


I blend the bananas and a little bit of the hemp milk first, then add the rest. This tastes just like Purely Decadent's Peanut butter zig zag ice cream to me! But BETTER! I love it. 


Another recipe I'd like to share is roasted chickpeas. I absolutely love these things. I got the recipe from "Vegan Lunch Box" by Jennifer McCann. You can eat these as a snack or for dinner like I do! :o) The original recipe is called Cheesy Roasted Chickpeas. I add more spices to mine. So, if you want to make the original just leave out the spices.


Roasted Chickpeas 

1 can of chickpeas, rinsed, and drained
2 Tbsp of oil (I use olive oil)
1-2 Tbsp of Nutritional Yeast Flakes
Sprinkle on any spices you want. I use Paprika, Red Pepper, salt, and pepper. 

After rinsing and draining the chickpeas, place on oven-safe pan with parchment paper. Add oil and coat well. Then add all your spices and mix. Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. 
Hope you enjoy!

No comments: