Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kale Chips Please!

Yes, I know I haven't written in a very long time! I haven't tried anything new and have finally got a job! It isn't in the field I went to school for but it pays! Plus I do not want this blog to be about my life, I want it to be about the vegan part of my life. Things I want to share about being a vegan; not what I did all day! Therefore, I should seriously change the blog name. Perhaps to something like The Picky Vegan?! Any thoughts? It took me forever to even come up with this one.

After my monthly trip to Whole Foods, I went to make Kale Chips again. I thought I posted the recipe on this blog, but couldn't find it. So here it is again. It is taken from Mama Pea.

Kale Chips

One large bunch of kale, rinsed and torn into pieces
Spices


I recently made Mama Peas's BBQ Kale chips, so that is what is in the picture below. Today I made Salt and Pepper Kale Chips. * While writing Salt and Pepper, I then immediately sang to myself "Shoop" by Salt-N-Pepa haha! It's kind of like when you hear "who you gonna call?" I immediately say Ghost Busters. Yeah, I know I'm a dork! 

The presentation looks horrible, but I was hungry and in a hurry! With my kale chips I had a veggie dog with sauerkraut! The only reason I eat veggie dogs is for the sauerkraut I can eat with it! 





Every once in a while my Mom wants cookies. So, I made her Peanut butter cookies! Her favorite! Which I got from Sarah Kramer's book La Dolce Vegan


Peanut butter Cookies


1/2 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup organic peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg replacer
3 tbsp of water
2 cups of flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt


Cream together butter, PB, sugar, and egg replacer. Add dry ingredients and stir well. Roll into one inch balls and place on parchment paper. Fork them! Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. 





I finally went to the Vegan restaurant in Nashville called the Wild Cow! It was awesome! I can't wait to go back. I had a buffalo sandwich with tempeh and tofu! So good! I love being able to go to a restaurant and to not have to worry and eat more than one item from the menu. 


Also, for my birthday my parents got me a vegan cupcake-cake from Fiddlecakes! OMG! They were so good! Fiddlecakes is a little cafe/bakery place in Nashville. They have desserts, sandwiches, soup, coffee, etc. They accommodate vegans! 
Isn't it pretty?! :o)

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be working from now until eternity!

No comments: