Monday, August 23, 2010

Full Menu!

I've been trying new recipes from all the blogs I have recently discovered. I wish reading blogs like it's my job, was in fact, as job that paid! Because I'd be making some cash! :o)

So, here's the menu. Peanut-butter Chocolate Oatmeal for breakfast. Kale chips, wild rice tempeh and salad for dinner. AND Strawberry Banana "Ice cream" for dessert! The reason there isn't a lunch, is because I didn't try all this stuff in one day. It's been over the last few days. I decided to compile! Plus, lunch isn't typically my favorite meal of the day. I'm not sure why. It's not that I don't have things I could eat. I'm just not that hungry during this time. I usually drink a smoothie.

Peanut-butter Chocolate Oatmeal

I typically eat my oatmeal with milk, raisins, cinnamon, peanut-butter, and occasionally chocolate chips.
This time I decided to make it all chocolate. I thought it would be awesome. I found this topping recipe on the edible perspective blog (which is one of my favorites!) where you take 1 tablespoon of peanut-butter and 1 tablespoon of non-dairy milk and microwave for about 20 seconds. It is awesome! 


Recipe
1 cup non-dairy milk
1/2 cup of oats
2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
2 tsp truvia



topping
1tablespoon peanut-butter
1tablespoon non-dairy milk (I use almond)
sprinkle of chia seeds



 It was a little too rich for me, surprisingly! But you guys may like it. It is definitely a keeper though, modified. 


Kale Chips
I also found on a lot of the blogs, recipes for Kale Chips. They say they're just like eating potato chips! So, I had to try it! I've never had kale. I decided to make the salt and vinegar kale chips this time.  Next time I will try the BBQ. 


Recipe
1 Large bunch of kale (as much as salad spinner holds) 
2 tablespoons of apple-cider vinegar
2 tablespoons olive olive
salt to taste

Clean and de-stem the kale, wash, and blot with towel.  Place in bite-size pieces on a baking tray (I used stoneware, we're big fans of Pampered Chef!). Sprinkle with vinegar, oil, and salt. Bake on 375 for 15 minutes. 


They were really good. I think next time I will use malt vinegar and make sure all of it's covered. I didn't taste the vinegar on all of them. They are so weird! I love them! I just wish Whole Foods wasn't so far away so I can make them more often! 


The rest of my dinner isn't anything new. I just had a large salad and wild-rice tempeh in a pita. Sorry for the ugly background. That's my Mom's tablecloth that I believe looks like christmas, she doesn't agree! Can I get some votes on what you think?!






And now for dessert! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ICE CREAM!!! I could eat it all day long! Purely Decadent has an awesome brand of vegan ice cream. Peanut-butter zig zag is my favorite. 


I have been dying to share this recipe with you guys. When I learned about this I was dumb founded. Apparently, you can make ice cream out of bananas?!!! Craziness! So, you just freeze them, then put them in the food processor, and blend until creamy. I have a hard time eating it just like that because of the texture. The taste is good, just not the texture for me. However, when you add other things, especially non-dairy milk, it helps tremendously! 


Strawberry Banana Ice cream

My recipe is for three small bowls.  

2  frozen bananas
1/2-1 cup of frozen strawberries
3/4 cup of almond milk

Place all in food processor and wallah! Ice cream goodness! You can add anything you want. I'll be adding blueberries next time. I've added peanut-butter and chocolate before! Get crazy! haha :o)

 

No comments: